Saturday, June 13, 2009

Finally an update!























I decided that since it's been a couple of months I had better get on updating our blog. I know that I've really been slacking, but what a a couple of months! Zoe is 4 and a half months old already! She's eating rice cereal and drinking apple juice! ( Is it weird that a little part of me is a sad that she's growing up so fast?) We had to get the organic kind with no supplements or sweeteners in it because she had an allergic reaction to the first rice cereal that we gave her ( I think it was the soy used to flavor it). She got a little rash on her forehead and cheeks. She loves her apple juice though! No problems there. Grandma hooked her up with her first apple juice last week. The first time she tried it she made a face like she was sucking on a lemon, but after that first try she is happily swigging down up to 2 ounces a day of the stuff. It's a nice treat for her when it's hot outside.

I almost had her going to bed at midnight for a while and it was amazing, then one night a neighbor pounded on the door at 2 am and she hasn't gone to bed earlier than 1 or 2 since. Her norm is actually closer to 3 or 4. I've been really exhausted because I've been going to bed at 3,4 or even 5 most nights, then when Jake leaves for work at 7 it usually wakes me up and I have a hard time falling back to sleep. But when she wakes up and looks at me with a giant smile on her face, like I'm the best Mom in the whole world for changing her diaper and feeding her breakfast, I forget how exhausted I am. And it doesn't matter that I have forgotten my birthday, my address or even my social security number earlier that day.
Although it will be nice when I start sleeping a little bit more and the 'mom-nesia' wairs off. There we go, I just forgot how to spell wair. Ware? Wair? Where? I swear I'm losing thoughts from my childhood...
Wear!!! There it is! I think...I hope my brain will go back to normal eventually. A couple of weeks ago Jake went outside in the mud to feed the dog and when he came back into the house to see the baby, I asked in a very serious, accusatory tone, "Did you wear SHOES outside!". He just looked at me and laughed. What I meant to say was ,"Did you take your shoes off?". Here's your sign.
Anyway back to my sweet little girl.
She's teething again (I'm so grateful for baby Tylenol!) and she's been fussy because she doesn't feel well (also incredibly grateful for Gripe Water!). We also made the mistake of putting ourselves in a situation where I had to take a day after pill (which is exactly like taking birth control pills except stronger for times when you um, aren't as careful as you should be and want to prevent pregnancy) well some of the hormones must have passed through my breast milk creating a perfect storm of fussiness. My poor baby cried for hours. That'll teach us to be more careful!!! And of course this perfect storm of fussiness had to happen on a day when we had somewhere we needed to be. It was the day of our friend Parisa's baby shower for her first baby girl. Zoe was so fussy it took me 3 hours to get the 2 of us out of the house and I could barely get the present in a gift bag! It was like colic all over again. We were an hour late. I felt really bad and was pretty embarrassed, but what can you do? Thankfully everyone seemed to understand and thanks to Zoe's toy dragonfly, baby tylenol and my sleepywrap we somehow survived the evening. Hopefully we didn't scare Parisa too much with what's to come...Sorry P!
She was blessed the first Sunday in May. My mother in law got some great pictures (I'll have to post those soon) But I was so busy I got one picture of my cousin holding her and I didn't get any more until after everyone had gone and she had changed into some comfy play clothes. But I got some cute after blessing pictures of Zoe playing with her Giraffe. She was really good at the church. She cried for about 2 seconds and was a perfect angel the rest of the service. She was really fussy at the after party though. I think she was just really over stimulated. She completely relaxed and played with her toys after everyone left. She had some great one on one time with her Grandma Smith.

She also got her first spider bite this month. On her little forehead. It made me sick to my stomach. I thought maybe it was just a mark from a headband, but it turned out to be a spider bite. It made me want to kill every spider on the planet to avenge her. It also stayed red for over a week and has just started to clear up. Her pediatrician prescribed a topical antibiotic and that really helped. Now Jake and I are trying to find ingenious ways to spider proof our house.
And finally, for the last part of this novel of an update, last night Jake and I went on our first date alone since Zoe was born and saw 'Up'! It was so nice to finally get out of the house and do something fun together! I was starting to feel like I was chained to the bedroom. Jake even shaved his goofy moustache and goatee off for the occaision. He looked really handsome. The movie was adorable and really touching. I was in tears about ten minutes after it started. We may have to buy that one. Jake's Mom babysat and she said that Zoe fussed a little bit (she's had a little bit of separation anxiety lately), but was pretty good and spent most of the night drinking apple juice and watching 'Dances with Wolves' with Grandma. We had a great time and I was really glad that I finally got comfortable enough to leave her with a sitter. She had some fun with Grandma and we had a really great time together.
Anyway, that's the latest! Sorry about the novel! I'll try not to wait so long between updates next time : )

2 comments:

Weaver Family said...

I have been waiting for an update from you! You have cute stories and your little family is just as adorable! Isn't it the greatest!?

Parisa and Zac said...

She is so cute Sara I can't wait for our baby to get here! It was so great to see you guys that night, and I'm very excited to use my sleepywrap if I can get the wrapping down!