Thursday, April 23, 2009

Freedom!


Zoe finally turned 3 months (12 weeks) old last friday! Which meant that I finally had the okay from her pediatrician to take her to public places that aren't too busy or crowded with sick people. So I am finally free to leave my stuffy house and take my sweet baby out into the world!!! I am so excited!

To celebrate, last Monday we ventured out for the first time with her Grandma to Target, I was worried that she might get hungry and I was thinking about feeding her before we left, but it was getting late and her Grandma convinced me that she would probably be fine so I decided to give it a shot. Bad idea jeans. Zoe was hungry and fussy the second we got to the store and I was so distracted and overwhelmed with guilt for not trusting my instincts or bringing an emergency bottle of formula with me that I couldn't enjoy myself at all at first. To top it off I had forgotten her pacifier. So I panicked and tried to find some ingenius way to buy and sanitize a new binky, but by the time I made it through the checkout line she had fallen asleep. My mom and I had a great time once she fell asleep though and bought Zoe some cute summer dresses, headbands and a new toy.

At last on the 22nd, the two of us went shopping together for the first time. I made sure that she got some food before we left this time and it was awesome! I felt like a human again! We went to Barnes and Noble and got Zoe a little board book copy of Goodnight Moon. She had a great time shopping. She loves riding in her stroller. I cleaned off her book and handed it too her and she actually turned the pages and looked at the pictures herself. She was so good in the store. She didn't cry once. She just stared in fascination at all of the colorful books. Then we went back to target to do a little shopping and stopped to visit Zoe's Grandma and Grandpa Smith before we headed home. She was all smiles. It was a beautiful day too, just like summer outside. It was a really great Earth day for us. Zoe got to see a little of the Earth and I got a much needed reminder that I still lived on it.

3 comments:

Jeila and Jason said...

She is SO CUTE!!

Weaver Family said...

she's adorable Sara!
it's so nerve racking to take them into the world for the first time. Especially to go shopping. Kaitlyn hates the stroller and riding on the cart in her car seat so I have to hold her in one arm and drag the cart around the store with the other. But I don't mind, now I have a shopping buddy :)

Parisa and Zac said...

She is so darling! I love her easter bunny outfit.