Sunday, July 5, 2009

American Woman




We started our 4th with a giant Dees breakfast of 'Freedom' Toast and decided it would be a yearly tradition for us to eat foods from different countries and change the name of those foods to make them sound patriotic and American. Next year I'm thinking maybe we'll do Freedom Onion Soup with Freedom bread for dinner. Mmmmmm......sounds patriotic : )

Haha, we're such nerds.

Anyway after breakfast Zoe was in a great mood so we all just hung out and vegged. Zoe played with her froggy, Jake slept on my lap and I watched a Michael Jackson special on VH1. RIP Michael, you will be missed.

After our relaxing morning we went to a BBQ at my Mom's house and then to Zoe's Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house for some more visiting and some fireworks. The food was great and Jake had a lot of fun lighting fireworks with Ben and his Dad. Zoe was exhausted so she slept in her sleepywrap during the fireworks show. At about 1am we finally made it home to get some sleep. All in all we had a really great and relaxing 4th!

3 comments:

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...

I love it! Good for you for staying patriotic. I want to do something similar in my home and not let myself or my children to take for granted what this country is supposed to be all about!

Justin and April Sanchez said...

Sara, she looks so adorable. I hope you and your family had a great 4th!