Sunday, February 8, 2009

Zoe's 2 Week Check Up




My little girl is growing so fast I can hardly believe it! It really seems like she's only been here with us for a few days, but last friday she turned 2 weeks old and last thursday she had her first doctor appointment. The doctor said that she was doing great and in the almost two weeks since we had left the hospital she'd gained 9 ounces and grew an inch and a half taller! We were thrilled and relieved to hear she was doing so great. She was a perfect angel the entire doctor visit and didn't cry at all until the nurse pricked her heel for the PKU test. My poor Zoe! She was just miserable getting that done. Her 2 month appointment will be here before we know it, and after watching her cry during the PKU it might break my heart seeing her get her first shots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara,
She is adorable! I know what you mean about the shots. Kaitlyn received her hep B shot at her check up since I refused for her to have it right after she was born. She is a screamer too and I knew it would hurt me emotionally. The best advice I can give for that is not to look at the needle. Focus on your babies face and comfort her as soon as she starts crying. I told myself not to cry because I wanted to stay strong for her.
I hope that helps ;)